Galicia Travels' Blog
Typical dishes to try on the Camino Table of Contents Typical dishes to try on the Camino de Santiago Are you going to do the Way of St. James and you don’t know what is the typical gastronomy you can taste along the way? Here we bring you the most relevant ones you can’t miss. Galicia travel products Beyond knowing what are the best dishes that you can taste during the Camino de Santiago, it is important to keep in mind that it is recommended to do it when you have already done the route
8 TYPICAL DISHES OF MARRAKESH Table of Contents 8 TYPICAL DISHES OF MARRAKESH Marrakech is an unrivalled destination and if you are planning a trip to this magical place, take note of these typical dishes which are, in all likelihood, its most outstanding options and which you will also enjoy at a gastronomic level. Don’t miss the opportunity to taste them. Galicia travels products Tajine Tajine is a typical dish that owes its name to the vessel in which it is cooked and served, i.e. an earthenware pot. It is a dish made up of
What to see in ouarzazate Table of Contents What to see in ouarzazate Are you thinking of going to Morocco, and in particular to Ouarzazate? Here’s what you can see and do at this point. Galicia travel products Kasbah of Taourirt One of the places not to be missed if you go to Ouarzazate is the Kasbah of Taourirt. For those who don’t know what it is, it is a fortified house of Berber origin, mainly made of adobe. It has high walls that once served to protect the town from attacks and also from
Are you going to visit Santiago de Compostela? and you want to know more about its gastronomy and which are the typical dishes that you can’t miss the opportunity to taste? We bring you three typical recipes that you can enjoy in Santiago de Compostela, as well as their ingredients and preparation methods.
What to see in Marrakech (II) Table of Contents What to see in Marrakech Marrakech it’s a tourist destination with a lot to offer. It has an endless number of places you can visit and that’s why we bring you this second part about what you can do and what you can do in the city. visit in Marrakesh. Remember that the best way to allocate your time when travelling is to plan well what you want to see, what kind of sightseeing you want to do, and to plan by days and destinations. By
What to see in Marrakech (I) Table of Contents What to see in Marrakech (I) If you are going to visit Marrakech don’t miss this guide on what to see and do in this beautiful city. Here are some of the best things to do. Galicia travel products Jardines Majorelle Without a doubt, one of the most famous and renowned places in Marrakech. are the jardines Majorelle. Their instagrammable spaces have taken over the social network and have made their beauty known on a grand scale. The Majorelle Gardens, located outside the Medina, were designed
5 PLACES YOU HAVE TO VISIT IN GALICIA Table of Contents PLACES TO VISIT IN GALICIA If you are in Santiago de Compostela, you have to know that, except for this one, there are 5 cities to visit in Galicia. The truth is that Santiago has always fascinated thanks to its long tradition of pilgrims from all over the world and its Gothic architecture, but Galicia does not end there. Indeed, there are a number of Galician cities that will offer you an unforgettable visit, let’s see them together! Galicia travel products 1. A CORUÑA
What to see in Ourense Table of Contents What to see in Ourense Are you thinking of visiting Ourense and you are not sure what you can see in this area? Here are the main points not to be missed. Galicia travel products Church of Santa Maria Madre The Church of Santa Maria Madre is one of the places you can’t miss. It is an ancient cathedral with a baroque façade with columns and capitals from the 5th century, full of history and great beauty. Trigo Square If you start a route through the old
What to visit in Galicia. (II) Table of Contents what to visit in Galicia. (II) In this second text on what to see in Galicia we continue to bring you unique places that you can not miss if you come to this land. Choosing to go to one or the other will depend on your preferences, the proximity to the route you have established and, above all, the days you are going to spend enjoying this Community. Galicia travel products Fisterra Fisterra, in A Coruña, is a unique location full of magic that you cannot
F.A.Q. - Frequently asked question
To be a travel agency and comply with the laws, it is necessary to comply with a few government laws, have several compulsory insurances and obtain the famous agency identification code. This code is essential to be able to start the activity as a travel agency. Our Travel Agency’s Code is XG-682. By law, in addition, any tourist company is obliged to show the identification code by all means: for example, on the website you can always see it at the bottom of the page, but it is also mandatory to put it in all advertising material. So, if you ever happen to see brochures without this code, do not trust too much, that advertising may be illegal and perhaps the insurance has not been paid.
- Administration Insurance is an insurance that changes according to the government of the region and is also called insurance or surety policy, since the most advantageous way to provide this insurance is through surety insurance, since the amounts are usually very high (in Galicia € 100,000). It is the individual guarantee offered to agencies and the region.
- Collective insurance is for workers and serves to protect the workers and employees of the company. It is governed by collective agreement.
- Civil Liability Insurance provides coverage for all the activity and for any type of claim, such as material, personal and economic damage. The objective of having this insurance is to guarantee that the company can respond to claims from third parties.
For many different reasons:
- It is a young company, where the creators and SEO participate actively and daily in all its activities and no one puts more heart into an activity than who has created it.
- In the agency we speak many languages (7 different languages) and, in addition, depending on the occasions we collaborate with guides and tourism professionals who speak many more languages, being able to cover almost all, of course, according to availability.
- The guides always receive training from the founders. A good guide, according to our philosophy, not only knows a lot of information, but also provides the right information at the right times and dedicates himself to the tourist as if he were his servant, since as Benigni said in a famous movie: “SERVING IS THE SUPREME ART , GOD IS THE FIRST SERVANT, GOD SERVES MAN BUT IS NOT A SERVANT OF MEN “
- Because before being employees, founders and owners of the company, first of all, we are tourists, we love to travel and discover the world, so we know very well the wishes of a traveler.
- Because we have won a very important award for our work
We are very proud to have won the 2020 Tripadvisor award for the most beautiful excursions in the world. Tripadvisor is one of the most important and well-known platforms for tourism activities in the world. And this platform has awarded the Traveler’s Choice award to our best excursion to Finisterre and Costa Da Morte, placing it among the 10% of the most beautiful activities in the world.
Although in recent years we have focused mainly on “incoming” tourism in Galicia, we work all over the world, in fact there are many group trips that we organize throughout Europe and Morocco. The founders also have experience of guiding almost all the cities of Europe, before starting with our company. For example, in Morocco there are not so many companies and guides that go many times from Spain. Our guides are even experts in this country, not easy to control in tourist matters.
Galicia Travels focuses mainly on the subject of group travel, this because our philosophy is that trips can be as cheap as possible, so that everyone can travel, savor the art of the tourist and get to know the world, always letting culture be with us. This does not mean that we only dedicate ourselves to groups, in fact, for example, in activities around Santiago and on the Camino de Santiago, it is not necessary to have a group. Finally, we also offer package tours, logistical support for other tourism companies, etc.
Answering this question is very easy, we invite you to see what our clients say about us on the various platforms. At Google, for example, we are the only tourism company with a lot of votes (around 300 at the end of 2021) and with an average of 4.9 / 5. No other company has nearly as many votes, or an average as high. As well as in Google, in the other platforms such as Trustindex, Tripadvisor, Booking, Getyourguide, etc.