General conditions of contract
APPLICABLE LEGAL REGULATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS.
The contract of obligatory performance for both parties in the terms provided in the same, is instituted by the clauses contained in the Published General Conditions, which supplement and develop the applicable specific legislation without contravening it. It is a package travel contract, since it includes a set of services previously scheduled and offered for a global price, or projected at the customer’s request also at a global price. It is considered perfected, under art. 1258 C.C., at the time when the Agency receives the first payment of the advertised amount. The fact of acquiring or taking part in any of the trips published on this website originates the express acceptance by the consumer of each and every one of the General Conditions, which will be considered automatically incorporated into the contract, without their individual written transcription being accurate, except as referred to in Legislative R.D. 1/2007 of November 16, which approves the consolidated text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws and other concordant provisions of the Autonomous Communities. The Contracting Parties expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the city corresponding to the registered office of the Organizer of this Package Travel contract to resolve all their differences. The organisation of these trips has been carried out by the contracted travel agency Conoce Galicia SL (galiciatravels), Calle Fernando el Santo 24, 1ºC , 28010 Madrid.
1. REGISTRATION AND REIMBURSEMENT.
On the website we comment repeatedly that the trips are organized for an audience of 18-35 years. If the consumer is under the age of 18, he or she must be accompanied by at least one of the parents or have written consent from the legal representative. If you are over 35 years old, we invite you to read only the details of the trip to find yourself in an uncomfortable situation throughout the trip.
We also accept travelers with special needs, but for organizational reasons we need to know 60 days in advance to be able to offer the best service.
Conoce Galicia accepts two methods of registration in its events and trips: booking through the website www.galiciatravels.com and payment in the office. After the reservation and the payment of the deposit, the reservation is considered formalized with the conditions and extras accepted by the user. In the case in which the user wants to modify part of the reservation will have to request prior authorization from Conoce Galicia.
At the moment of the registration, the deposit indicated must be paid, part of the total amount of the trip, no place is considered as a firm commitment until such deposit is made. Unless otherwise communicated in writing to a customer, the second payment must be paid 20 days before the start date of the trip, otherwise the place will be considered cancelled, applying, in this case, the conditions outlined in paragraph cancellations.
The prices indicated on this website (except for typographical errors or omissions) are prices that include indirect taxes on consumption when applicable, which, having been calculated on the basis of the rates and currency changes in force at the date of issue of this package travel contract and/or its booklets and offers, may be revised in the event of changes in the cost of transport, including fuel costs; in taxes and charges for certain services; and in the exchange rates applied to the journey. These variations will be automatically charged to the consumer unless it occurs within 20 days prior to the user’s departure.
2. CANCELLATIONS AND DISPOSALS BY THE CONSUMER
At any time you are a user or consumer can withdraw from the services requested or contracted, having the right to refund the amounts you have paid, whether it is the total price or the deposit previously provided, but shall compensate the agency for the following concepts:
- In the case of individual services: All management costs, plus cancellation costs, if the latter had occurred.
- In the case of package travel, the following relationship between the cancellation cost and the days from the date of receipt of the withdrawal information and the date of the start of the trip shall apply.
|Days in advance||% cancellation cost|
|Between 29 and 45 days||25%|
|Between 7 and 28 days||50%|
|< 7 days||100%|
The % of cancellation is calculated on the total amount of the product purchased, regardless of the amount paid under deposit or advance.
- If you do not show up at the scheduled time of departure, you will not be entitled to a refund of the amount paid, unless the parties agree otherwise.
- In the event that any of the contracted and cancelled services were subject to special economic recruitment conditions, such as “chartering of aircraft or vessels, hiring of apartments, special airfares (100% of tickets already issued to be paid) or accommodation, services provided in certain countries, snow services, etc., the cancellation costs for withdrawal shall be established in accordance with their specific conditions, as reflected in the brochure or budget included in the offer programme that gave rise to this Package Travel contract.
- The tours which are originally contracted as an integral part of the package as well as those purchased by the consumer at destination: they shall be governed by the cancellation costs for their specific conditions, which shall be made available verbally to the user, sharing all of them the penalty of 100% of their amount if the consumer does not present himself to them.
The specific conditions laid down for cancellation costs shall be fully applicable irrespective of whether the cancellation was caused by force majeure on the part of the consumer.
All refunds that are applicable for any reason will always be formalized online through the website www.galiciatravels.com where the registration was made, no refund is made for services not used voluntarily by the consumer.
Assignment of the travel contract
The consumer of the Package Trip may assign his reservation to a third person provided that he communicates it 30 days in advance of the start date of the trip. The transferee will have to meet the same requirements that the transferor had, which were generally required for the Combined Journey, and both will be jointly and severally liable to the Travel Agency for the payment of the travel price and the additional expenses of the assignment. Where, because of the type of tariff or the characteristics of the means of transport to be used or the characteristics of the services to be performed by third-party providers, they make the transfer completely impossible, and as reflected in the offer program that is the subject of this Package Travel contract, the final Organizer and Seller of this contract may object to the aforementioned assignment.
galiciatravels reserves the right to charge assignment fees for the travel contract.
3. ALTERATIONS BY GALLICIATRAVELS
galiciatravels undertakes to provide its customers with the totality of the contracted services through the offer-programs contained on its website, with the conditions and characteristics stipulated. This obligation shall be waived if:
- There are cases of force majeure.
- When the minimum number of participants foreseen in each event is not reached (by default, 30 people).
- Sufficient grounds, which include cases in which the Agency, despite acting with due diligence and foresight, is unable to provide the services contracted for reasons that are not attributable to it, understood both according to the legislation in force.
If it is impossible to provide any service by galiciatravels the consumer may choose:
- For the termination of the contract without penalty.
- To accept a supplement to the contract specifying the changes made and their impact on the price, and to communicate its decision to the Agency within three days.
The consumer may never ask for a refund in excess of the amount paid.
Throughout the execution of the trip/package/excursion the program may suffer unforeseen modifications due to meteorological causes, problems with the group, delays due to traffic jams. If the modifications are not relevant and do not lead to a reduction of costs for the agency, the consumer will not be able to ask for reimbursement.
If, on the contrary, planned services are not provided which account for more than 50% of the price of the journey which is not motivated by sufficient reasons or force majeure, the Organising Agency shall adopt other appropriate solutions for the continuation of the package, without any additional price for the consumer and, where appropriate, pay the consumer the amount of the difference between the services provided and those provided. If such solutions are unworkable or if the consumer does not accept them for objectively valid reasons, the Agency shall, in any case, provide the consumer with a return to the point of origin by an equivalent means of transport, by returning the amounts proportionately due to him.
In such situations, the consumer may claim compensation for breach of contract from galiciatravels where there are sufficient causes or force majeure.
Any impossibility of providing the services or alteration of the elements thereof (including the price), revealed by galiciatravels to the user may not, before completion of the contract, justify a claim for compensation from the Agency by the consumer for breach of contract, since the contract has not yet been finalised as part of the programme modification;offer within the natural process of contract negotiation.
The transfer service from the airport, port or station to the hotel or other place foreseen in the trip, is contracted, as a general rule, until one hour after the expected official arrival of the user to the same one. Therefore, if the mentioned arrival of the user occurs after that period, even if for reasons of force majeure, the transfer service may not be provided.
4. THE PRICE OF THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- As a general rule, a strict criterion of literality must be followed, leading to the conclusion that what is not specifically detailed as being included in the price of the trip will not be included in the price of the trip.
- Return carriage only if this service is included in the contract.
- Technical assistance during the trip, when this service is specifically included.Technical assistance during the trip, when this service is specifically included.
- All other services and complements specifically specified in the corresponding itineraries.
- Accommodation and/or alimony under the regime contracted in each case in the hotels or establishments chosen or in other similar in cases of substitution.
- By default the accommodation is in multiple rooms that can go from 2 to 15 beds, depending on the accommodation contracted and the bathrooms of the same can be shared with several rooms of the establishment or private for each room, according to the accommodation contracted.
- The rates or taxes of the hotel establishment.
- Airport and/or check-in and check-out charges except where indicated as a surcharge or payable directly by the consumer;
- Indirect taxes (VAT, I.G.I.C.) where applicable.
5. OUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Visas, vaccination certificates, extras such as, soft drinks, coffees, wines, spirits, mineral waters, special food regimens, washing and ironing of clothes, optional hotel services, luggage carriers, tips, etc.
- If not otherwise stated, Taxi or urban transport services in cities are never included.
- In the case of optional excursions or visits, the price of which is stated as a simple estimate, variations may occur (depending on the circumstances) on these initially calculated or anticipated costs.
- Optional activities are reserved only when galiciatravels has received the corresponding amount.
- In case optional activities are not done for lack of minimum number of participants or lack of availability, the money paid by the customer will be refunded.
- In the case of single exclusive rooms you will have to pay the price indicated in the booking form for each person.
- In the case of double rooms, you will have to pay the price per person indicated on the form. The double room will have to be booked in full, otherwise the single room rates will apply.
- In the event that the trip requires actions on the part of the consumer, commissions can be charged for not complying with the set time. Deadlines, commissions and actions will be duly communicated by email, but in general terms will be charged:
- Delay in payment of the outstanding amount to settle the trip after your first request: € 5 per day of delay.
- Delay in communicating the personal data (online check-in) necessary for the execution of the trip: 20 € per day after your first request, up to a maximum of 100 €.
The staff of galiciatravels does not perform the function of monitors in any case, but is limited to accompany the passengers during the trip, therefore is exempt from any responsibility with respect to the conduct of the same.
Travel, medical or cancellation insurance is not included unless otherwise expressly written. However, customers will be informed of the possibility of subscribing.
6. IMPORTANT NOTES ON APARTMENTS, HOTELS, FOOD SERVICES, DOCUMENTATION, LUGGAGE, CHILDREN
The rooms hired by galiciatravels are multiple and of different dimensions (from 2 to 20 beds). The user will have to accept the proposed bed in the proposed room and in the proposed hotel. In case a single or double room is preferred, it must be requested before booking the trip and pay the extra amount required by galiciatravels.
All the rules that the receiving structure imposes must be respected. It is in the interest of the participant to be interested in the rules once inside.
The bathrooms of the accommodation can be shared with several rooms of the establishment or private for each room, depending on the accommodation contracted.
If a customer causes damage to the structure, they will be asked to reimburse the repair costs.
galiciatravels advises always to travel light and try not to travel with suitcases over 10-12kg. However, it is prohibited to carry cases exceeding the size (73cm x 50cm x 25cm). In case of need to transport suitcases or material that exceeds these measures, prior approval of galiciatravels will be required.
The user’s luggage is not the subject of a contract of carriage by land, it being understood for all purposes that the user keeps it with him, irrespective of the part of the vehicle in which it is placed and which is carried at the risk and expense of the user, Galiciatravels is not obliged to answer for the loss or damage that it may suffer during the journey for any reason, and all users are advised to be present at all handling of loading and unloading of baggage.
Special economic conditions for children.
Given the diversity of treatment applicable to children, depending on their age, the service provider and the date of travel, it is recommended to always consult the scope of the special conditions that exist and that at any time will be subject to specific and detailed information. In general, as far as accommodation is concerned, they will be applicable provided the child shares the room with two adults.
All users, without exception, must keep their personal and family documentation in order, whether the passport or D.N.I., according to the laws of the country or countries visited. It will be on their behalf when travel requires visas, passports, vaccination certificates, etc. If an Authority rejects the granting of visas, for particular reasons of the user, or if its entry into the country is refused because it does not have the required requirements or because the required documentation is defective, or because it does not carry the required documentation, galiciatravels declines all responsibility for acts of this nature, being on behalf of the consumer any expense that arises, applying in these circumstances the conditions and rules established for the cases of cancellation or voluntary withdrawal of services. All users are also reminded to ensure that all applicable visa rules and requirements are complied with prior to travel in order to be able to enter all countries to be visited without problems. The user may request galiciatravels to inform him of the documentation
galiciatravels shall be liable for the proper performance of the obligations arising from the contract with the consumer, irrespective of whether those obligations are to be performed by the consumer or by other suppliers or service providers, without prejudice to the right of galiciatravels to take action against them and always within the limits established in these General Conditions and in the applicable law. When the consumer finds on the spot that the contracted services involved in the journey are not being performed or not being performed, he must immediately notify the provider of the services and, within 48 working hours, notify galiciatravels, so that the latter can take the appropriate measures.
Failure to notify galiciatravels shall mean that it is for the consumer to prove that the contract has been breached before the competent Organising Agency or the Directorate-General for Tourism and/or the Court, Galicia Travels would be unable to verify the veracity of the allegations and to reach a solution satisfactory to all the parties involved. If the consumer considers that the solutions proposed by the Organising Agency have not been satisfactory, he may lodge a complaint within one month of the return of the journey with Galicia Travels, in which it shall be proved that there has been an alleged breach within 48 working hours of its occurrence, and to which a photocopy of the Package Travel contract shall be attached, without prejudice to Art. 162 de R.D. Legislative 1/2007 of November 16 approving the consolidated text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws. However, the filing of any claim arising out of the Package Travel contract does not in any way exempt the payment of the trip. With regard to the limit on compensation for personal injury resulting from the non-performance or poor performance of the benefits included in the package, the provisions of the relevant International Conventions shall be complied with.
In the case of damage other than personal injury, compensation may never exceed the total price of the trip initially contracted. In no case is the agency responsible for the costs of accommodation, subsistence, transportation and others that arise as a result of delays in departures or returns of means of transport due to meteorological, technical, strike or other force majeure causes. In the event of an accident, where the journey is carried out by own coaches or coaches rented by the Organising Agency, irrespective of the country in which it takes place, the consumer is expressly subject to the road accident legislation of the country in which the vehicle is registered and may, in respect of personal injury, claim, the insurance of the person concerned in accordance with the relevant schedule of allowances provided for that purpose, and under which such allowances would be paid to the persons concerned, beneficiaries or their legal representatives in the country of registration of the vehicle and precisely in the legal currency of the vehicle.
For the smooth start of journeys on which the aircraft is used as a means of transport, please present yourself at the airport at least one and a half hours before the official departure time, and in any case strictly follow the specific recommendations that are marked in the travel information documentation. Air, sea and land carriers involved in carrying out the journeys offered on this website shall not be held liable for any of the acts, omissions or irregularities which may occur to the passenger during his stay outside the means of transport concerned. The passenger contract shall constitute the only link between the carrier and the consumer or traveller.
8. IMAGE AND PRIVACY RIGHTS
During the events, photos and videos will be taken and used to publicise galiciatravels activities via the website, brochures or other digital or print media. By participating in events and trips organized by galiciatravels, the possibility of being the subject of video or photos is accepted.
All copyright rights are reserved by Conoce Galicia.gt