Experiences and activities
Discover all our Experiences and Activities that we carry out in the city of Santiago de Compostela. This is our basic offer, but if you want to do something different, to propose a different experience, don’t wait any longer! Write us on our CONTACT page and we will answer you as soon as possible. Thank you!
Experiences and activities: The Free Tours
These activities are available daily and throughout the year. Read more!
Other Experiences and Activities
These activities are available for small groups from 2 people
F.A.Q. - Frequently asked question
To be a travel agency and comply with the laws, it is necessary to comply with a few government laws, have several compulsory insurances and obtain the famous agency identification code. This code is essential to be able to start the activity as a travel agency. Our Travel Agency’s Code is XG-682. By law, in addition, any tourist company is obliged to show the identification code by all means: for example, on the website you can always see it at the bottom of the page, but it is also mandatory to put it in all advertising material. So, if you ever happen to see brochures without this code, do not trust too much, that advertising may be illegal and perhaps the insurance has not been paid.
- Administration Insurance is an insurance that changes according to the government of the region and is also called insurance or surety policy, since the most advantageous way to provide this insurance is through surety insurance, since the amounts are usually very high (in Galicia € 100,000). It is the individual guarantee offered to agencies and the region.
- Collective insurance is for workers and serves to protect the workers and employees of the company. It is governed by collective agreement.
- Civil Liability Insurance provides coverage for all the activity and for any type of claim, such as material, personal and economic damage. The objective of having this insurance is to guarantee that the company can respond to claims from third parties.
For many different reasons:
- It is a young company, where the creators and SEO participate actively and daily in all its activities and no one puts more heart into an activity than who has created it.
- In the agency we speak many languages (7 different languages) and, in addition, depending on the occasions we collaborate with guides and tourism professionals who speak many more languages, being able to cover almost all, of course, according to availability.
- The guides always receive training from the founders. A good guide, according to our philosophy, not only knows a lot of information, but also provides the right information at the right times and dedicates himself to the tourist as if he were his servant, since as Benigni said in a famous movie: “SERVING IS THE SUPREME ART , GOD IS THE FIRST SERVANT, GOD SERVES MAN BUT IS NOT A SERVANT OF MEN “
- Because before being employees, founders and owners of the company, first of all, we are tourists, we love to travel and discover the world, so we know very well the wishes of a traveler.
- Because we have won a very important award for our work
We are very proud to have won the 2020 Tripadvisor award for the most beautiful excursions in the world. Tripadvisor is one of the most important and well-known platforms for tourism activities in the world. And this platform has awarded the Traveler’s Choice award to our best excursion to Finisterre and Costa Da Morte, placing it among the 10% of the most beautiful activities in the world.
Although in recent years we have focused mainly on “incoming” tourism in Galicia, we work all over the world, in fact there are many group trips that we organize throughout Europe and Morocco. The founders also have experience of guiding almost all the cities of Europe, before starting with our company. For example, in Morocco there are not so many companies and guides that go many times from Spain. Our guides are even experts in this country, not easy to control in tourist matters.
Galicia Travels focuses mainly on the subject of group travel, this because our philosophy is that trips can be as cheap as possible, so that everyone can travel, savor the art of the tourist and get to know the world, always letting culture be with us. This does not mean that we only dedicate ourselves to groups, in fact, for example, in activities around Santiago and on the Camino de Santiago, it is not necessary to have a group. Finally, we also offer package tours, logistical support for other tourism companies, etc.
Answering this question is very easy, we invite you to see what our clients say about us on the various platforms. At Google, for example, we are the only tourism company with a lot of votes (around 300 at the end of 2021) and with an average of 4.9 / 5. No other company has nearly as many votes, or an average as high. As well as in Google, in the other platforms such as Trustindex, Tripadvisor, Booking, Getyourguide, etc.