IMPORTANT: the group can be divided into several buses because of the high demand. Therefore, for logistical reasons, Galicia Travels does not ensure that all travelers take the tour on the same bus. The tour will be done both ways without altering your itinerary at any time.
Next Departures 2022:
- Santiago: From the 9th to the 17th of April 2022: Starting from 440 €
1st Day – Departure from Spain
Departure from different points of Spain in order to travel until the south end of the Iberian Peninsula. We will embark at night on a comfortable ferry that will pass from one column of Hercules to another, the limit of the world known according to the Romans.
2nd Day – Tánger – Marrakech
After the customs controls, we will start our journey from the green and busy Mediterranean to venture to Marrakech, on our way to the heart of Morocco.
Here, on this organized trip to Morocco, you can enjoy the viewpoints. Then we will arrive at the tourist capital of Morocco, the red city of Marrakech. We will have time to visit its beautiful Zoco, the flea market, the Bahia palace, and enjoy the sunset in the mythical Yamaa el Fna square. If you’re not tired yet… get ready for a night of delirium in Marrakech!
Did you know that…
- The origin of the market of the square of Yamaa el Fna in Marrakech has an unknown origin. Some argue that the name may be an ancient neologism meaning “assembly of the dead”.
- The city is divided into two large areas, the oldest also known as La Medina and the modern one called Guéliz. You can explore these 2 areas on this organized trip to Morocco.
- The name Marrakesh means in Berber language “land of God”. The city lies at the intersection between the desert and the snowy peaks of the Atlas.
3rd Day – Marrakech – Dadés
Today, in the morning on this circuit through Morocco, we will wake up soon to enjoy another jewel and UNESCOWorld Heritage of Morocco: Ait Ben Haddou.We will visit its famous Kasbah, that is, a fortified village made with mud, earth and straw. From there we will climb the ancient and tortuous roads that make their way between the Atlas chain, passing through the highest mountains in all of Africa, behind the Kilimanjaro. Then we will move towards the Saharadesert, crossing the Atlas Mountains.
4th Day – Dadés – Merzouga
From here we will continue our trip to Morocco organized we will cross the Gargantas del Todra, impressive cliffs formed by the erosion of millennial rivers. We will head to the desert and make the night in Merzouga, the desert gate and we will be amazed to admire the dunes of the Erg Chebbi, the highest dunes in Morocco that have a maximum height of 150 m.
5th Day – Merzouga – Night In The Desert
¡Come on, stand up! It’s time to go to the desert!
In the morning we can enjoy a walk in 4×4optional in which we will take to see nomadic villages of the desert and the Kohl Mines. This mineral is used by Moroccan women to paint their eyes.
When the sun loosens we will meet the funny dromedary friends and start our caravan to the Haimascamp, enjoying the game of shadows that generates the sunset between the dunes. Here we will have a dinner and enjoy the animation of our Berber friends. If the party doesn’t go with you you can enjoy a romantic night under the stars of the Sahara…
Did you know that…
- On one of the borders of the Sahara, in Mauritania, there is a beach in Nouadhibou Bay where the largest ship cemetery in the world is located.
- In the dunes of Ihhan Ubari in Libya, there are about 15 salt water lakes. Among them the greatest is called Mandara.
- Desert temperatures are very extreme. Over 40 degrees during the day and below zero at night.
6th Day – Desert – Fez
Today on this circuit through Morocco we will get up early to see the sunrise from the dunes. We will go to the hotel with our funny friends with the hump, the dromedaries. We will enjoy a hearty breakfast and then leave for Fez.
Along the way we will have the possibility to contemplate wonderful landscapes.
Did you know that…
- Fez and Morocco in general are the world’s leading importers of green tea.
- Polygamyin Morocco accounts for only 0.31 per cent of weddings in Morocco, against all odds.
- Al Qarawiyyin University in Fez is the oldest university in the world still in operation.
7th Day – Fez – Tánger
Once again, during our tour of Morocco, we will get up early to visit Fezwith an official guide. We will try not to get lost in the 8,000 streets of its labyrinthine Medina, we will pass by the Koranic school, the leather cleaners and its markets full of smells and colors. We will take the opportunity to choose the latest souvenirs by haggling with the locals at the leather and jewelry stalls.
Then we will continue our tour through Morocco to the north to pass through Tánger again.
8th Day – Tanger – Chefchouen – Algeciras – Night In Bus
Before finishing this tour through Morocco, we can not miss the beautiful city of Chefchaouen. Its characteristic blue color floods the photographs of curious and adventurous people who dare to get lost in its alleys.
We finished the journey crossing Spain. We expect a quiet night on the bus back to our destinations, with enough time to see the photosand videoswe have stored of this incredible trip to Morocco organized.
Did you know that…
- Chefchaouenis one of the most attractive touristspots in northern Morocco.
- It is characterized mainly by the blue color of its houses.
- It was for centuries considered a sacred city, so its access was forbidden to non-Muslims until 1920.
- Every year, just before Ramadan, the inhabitants of Chefchaouen carry out the general painting of their houses in blue and white, for which they spend 15 tons of paint. The motive? The legend tells that, to drive away bugs and flies, reality is unknown.
9th Day – End Of The Trip
After a night on the bus, we will reach our destinations in the morning. All good things have an end and that is why we also have to say goodbye to this great tour through Morocco, with sadness, but with eyes full of memories, images and emotionsthat will accompany us for life.
The travel programme may change for organisational or other reasons. Changes do not give rise to right of refund or reimbursement.
The program does not include optional/extra activities. Some of them you can choose in the booking form, the other activities will be informed by our tour leader throughout the tour.